Sunday, August 8, 2010

photo of a photo

In Bialystok's (triangular) square there was a big exhibit of large-format (about 4 x 5 feet) photos done by a renowned & local photographer, whose name I have to confess I didn't write down.

The photos highlight some of Podlasie's (that's the equivalent of our state, in far NE Poland) landscape & flora & fauna. Podlasie has become my favorite part of Poland, though I've yet to visit the far SE part of the country, said to be very much off the beaten path.

There must have been 60 or so of these big pictures in an outdoor display. I took photos of some of them.

When we first visited Poland, in 1974, horse-drawn vehicles were very common, in cities & on rural roads. They've been replaced, in the cities, with new cars & trucks, and one almost never encounters them even in the countryside. But the photographer found one, here, in the backwaters (literally) of Podlasie.

No comments:

Post a Comment