Thursday, July 30, 2009

Update

All´s well here. I´m traveling on two wheels now, a Yamaha Virago borrowed from an acquaintance of Mirko´s...Of course the other night as we sealed the deal, turning over registration & keys, etc. they had to seal it with a shot of homemade vodka. I took only a bit of it...

I´m staying at a wonderful hotel just south of Jelenia Gora, the Hotel Villanuova. It´s top-notch--just had a great dinner here, some of the best food in Poland -- the owner´s wife is Italian, and she can cook...started with melon wrapped with ham....

I treated myself to a night in a Palace last night, literally. I was trying to find a place to stay in Kowary, near the Czech border, but it´s not a tourist town, and I got up some really rough streets...and by 7 p.m, was burned out-- nothing to eat since breakfast, not much sleep the night before -- so I came upon the Schloss Lemnitz, a real palace, and stayed there.

This afternoon I hiked up into the mountains outside Karpacz...walked about 5 miles up and down mountain trails, so got my exercize...It was beautiful.

I´ve decided not to do the alternative Woodstock -- looked like it would be a noisy, dirty, crowded mess...the mountains are better.

I´m turning the bike back to its owner Saturday, then if plans work, headed up to Augustow, near the Belarus border, to try to find relatives.

Hope everyone´s well...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the relative searching.

    And be careful on the bike! You need to bring the music and pictures back to me!

    ReplyDelete